Yesterday I read a blog post from Matildeheartmanech ’10 Things You Don’t Know About Me’ she’d also found inspiration for her post from Chiaki Creates. So it seems that chain mail posts do start and other bloggers get their inspiration heads on and decide to share some of their own facts, views and answers for their viewers.
Today is my turn!
1. I’ve not always been 100% well and I struggle with depression and anxiety on and off throughout my so far 26 years of life, Thankfully crafting and stability has helped and I’m currently on the less stressed straight and narrow. I sometimes still feel those panics and urges to return back to the evil side but I give it a round house kick in the face and carry on truckin’.
2. I’m completely obsessed with peanut butter to the point where I’ve eaten it with so many other foods that it could be classed as wrong. Peanut butter is great with bacon and tastes grand has a dip for plain sea salted crisps or French fries. It also never goes a miss on pancakes or with cheese on toast (spread on under the cheese). It’s been one of my favourite (food groups since I was a little kiddy!).
3. I’m a slow reader (like Sloth slow) I’m too relaxed about the reading process to the point where I forget I’m reading the book. Also not matter how fast I try to read it’s still not a good pace as I don’t seem to retain the story so slow reading a go go for me! I’m currently reading Stephen King’s ‘Chirtsine’, Slyvia Plathes ‘The Bell Jar’ and Simon Pegg’s Biography ‘Nerd Do Well’. Most of these I’ve been reading for a year or over. I wish I could commit more to reading but it’s who I am.
4. I’m a Camera Collector, when I say this I don’t mean lots of new cameras. I mean old beautiful film cameras and I’m currently in the mid twenties with my collection. And yes! I do use them all. I use them and when I have spare pennies I get a couple developed as I can. I just love the whole process and the ways in which film is experimental. It’s beautiful and my most favourite way to capture memories. My favourite one at the minute is my Ilford sportsman rangefinder or my Diana Mini.
5. I work for my Local Yarn Company. I can’t help but be thankful for my job, I’ve had my ups and downs over the past few years working here but at the end of the day I’m working my dream job and wouldn’t swap it for the world!
6. I have a lovely boyfriend who I met last summer at a classic car festival and last winter got chatting through facebook and after a month he up’d sticks from the south and came a few hours up north to be with me. It’s kind of a modern day romantic tale, but anyway I love him very much and he’s the best. I’m very much happy I can be myself around him without being judged.
7. I only 3 days ago tried an Oreo Cookie for the very first time! Oh how have I been missing out! They taste fabulous and although I’m a Yorkshire lass I have to say they are the best cream filled biscuit to enter my tummy yet.
8. I had a slight stashing of ‘the yarn’ problem last year to the point where nature decided to was time to take action in form of a mini natural disaster and make most of my stashed yarn damp and water damaged. However through his horrible pain of de-stashing I managed to save my posh yarns and also my bulk bags of yarn for big projects like cardigans and sweater and I’m now working through it like I should do and I’m only buying a bit once I’ve used some. My knitting yarn is now in the natural order!
9. I like to browse over things so I’m slightly addicted to ebay mainly because the Watch list is like a wish board of dreams for me. Pinterest is a beautiful tool and making a new board for everything and anything is just too easy but very satisfying. Ravelry Because I like to add new projects to my likes and re-arrange my queue of knitting projects.
10. And one of my biggest and most greatest challenges over the past three years has been that I’ve carefully gotten my weight back down to what it used to be right before being ill with depression. I lost 4 stone in 3 years and feel fabulous again. I can also finally wear things I love without feeling uncomfortable.
I hope you enjoyed learning more about me, continue on the theme and post your own and share it with me I’d love a good read about my viewers.